Copic and pencil.
My upload for today's Sketch Group, Fantasy Friday idea. Wanted to do a landscape since I don't do them at all. Either a before or after an epic boss battle?
Copic and pencil.
I based this dagger off of the concept art because I found it to be a bit more elegant than the in-game version. It's multiple layers of Styrene, with spot putty and apoxie sculpt. Kinda funny that you can see part of Mehrune's Dagger on the right. That's my next project to finish.
Questions? Comments? Check out my group's cosplay page on FB: Shinka Studios
I saw a video on Youtube recently in which a concept artist was just doing quick thumbnails of characters. His focus was more on the silhouette of the characters than anything. It looked interesting, and helpful. So, I've decided to try an incorporate that into my work flow. I've managed to do it two days in a row before starting on any other concept work. And it does seem to help.
After the first week, I have to say that this should be an interesting semester. Lots to do. Lots and lots to do, both personally and academically. I'll be doing a portrait of my brother if I can get him to sit down long enough. I've got some thumbnails to do for a commission, some sketching for Carl's comic and more writing to do for my novel.
Oh. Good news on that. A good friend of mine who has connections in the literary world is finding an agent for me! I'm stoked! I told her she has time though. I'm around 100,000 words at the moment, and maybe 3/4's of the way though. There is still some tightening to do of course, but I hope to have it ready for the agent by May.
Did some concept art tonight too. Working on the Rolick Unit. Giggles said that he wanted it to have a four-pronged mouth. I wasn't sure in how exactly, so I did it both ways. Better safe than sorry.
With a week until school starts back up, I'm trying to get as much of my own stuff done before I'm swamped with projects. Two illustration classes are going to take over my life, not to mention the other three art classes too.
So, here's the action shot for the Creethe Unit. I've trying something different with my latest stuff. I still make the sketch layer into a multiply layer. There are two layers below that, one for the background color and one for the basic colors of the sketch. Now I add an extra layer on top of it all and paint on that too. So far, I'm liking the effect.
Finished my second piece for the 405th and sent it in. My best wishes go out to Kensai111 who is my editor and super sick. I hope he feels better soon.
I've been spending most of my time building by Halo armor. I need to get it done by the end of May for A Kon. I've also been doing alot of Gaia avatars, but can't post them until the clients see them and give the okay. There has been some concept art as well. Working on another creature. Haven't posted anything about it yet. Still trying to get the right skull shape. lol
Still working on the Scar Unit of the Chronoliths. Something still isn't right about it. Worked on it a bit today and came up with these alterations.